Diplo is looking for a communications and fundraising officer to join the team working on the Geneva Internet Platform project, an initiative of the Swiss authorities.
The hire will work closely with the policy team on more visible presence in International Geneva, more impactful communication, media outreach and ultimately fundraising. This will involve interactions with permanent missions, international organisations, civil and tech society, and business stakeholders in Geneva and beyond.
Diplo staff operate in an agile and dynamic working environment. We are looking for a new highly-motivated colleague who can bring fresh inputs, take initiative in proposing and proactively re-evaluate existing solutions.
We look for the following experience and skills:
- Communication-related experience
- Excellent networking skills
- Interest in digital policy and internet governance
- Experience with fundraising
- Fluency in English and excellent and clear writing skills
- Ability to work independently and under pressure
- Initiative and willingness to make mistakes
- Wants to work with a purpose
- Ready to experiment with new technologies and willingness to learn
- At least 3 years of post-university work experience
The following skills would be a strong plus:
- Fluency in French
- Fluency in another UN official language
- Solid network in Geneva and globally – especially in the field of digital policy issues
- Established contacts with the media
- Deep knowledge of digital policy