Event dates: 30 November–1 December 2023
As agreed in May 2023 by the Intergovernmental Group of Experts on E-commerce and the Digital Economy of the United Nations Conference on Trade and Cooperation (UNCTAD), the working group on measuring e-commerce and the digital economy will address the following topics in the fourth meeting:
- Progress in measuring e-commerce and the digital economy: Work by relevant international organisations.
- Measuring the value of e-commerce.
- Non-survey–based measurement of e-commerce and the digital economy.
The working group aims to improve the availability, quality, comparability, usability and relevance of statistics on e-commerce and the digital economy, in support of evidence-based policymaking particularly for developing countries.
The organiser welcomes written expert contributions from international organisations, national statistic offices, and other producers of official statistics on:
- Recent examples of good practices and lessons learned in attempts to measure e-commerce, to inform topic (b)
- National experiences of non-survey–based measurement of the digital economy, to inform topic (c)
For more information, please visit the official page.